If you're a fit for these roles, send us your story and tell us how you would contribute toward our firstname.lastname@example.org
Climate Neutral is a fast growing tech nonprofit creating the trusted consumer climate standard for brands. We’re addressing one of the world’s most urgent challenges with a common sense solution that has the potential to achieve a large impact. We provide a climate label that identifies brands that are taking immediate responsibility for their carbon emissions. We work with 350+ brands across fashion, food, cosmetics, software, and other industries. Certified companies must measure and offset the carbon emissions from making and delivering their products and services. They use our label to show their consumers that they are working to halt climate change. To simplify the certification process, we built an easy-to-use software tool called the Brand Emissions Estimator (BEE).
The summer internship is a great way to gain exposure to the broad range of work at Climate Neutral. You’ll get a chance to work in each of Climate Neutral’s program areas: certification, the label and communications, carbon footprint measurement, offsets and removals, and brand community building. Your focus and specific projects will depend on your interest and experience.
This is a fixed term role with a minimum commitment of 120 hours (either 20 hours per week for 6 weeks or 40 hours per week for 3 weeks. This is a paid position.
Specific roles and responsibilities will be determined with successful applicants, but these are some examples of the kind of work you’d do:
- Data maintenance
- Research projects (market research, research on offsets / removals, research on international standards for carbon measurement, etc)
- Data analysis and visualization (survey results, brands’ reduction progress)
- Grant writing
- Assisting with the creation of content for sales and fundraising
- Helping brands who are interested in certification and who are going through the certification process
Skills and Experience
- You’re enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- You can boil complex topics down to concise concepts
- You’re a strong writer and verbal communicator
- You are familiar with climate change and sustainability and how people talk about them
- You’re passionate about scalable solutions to the climate crisis
- You’re interested in working at a start-up
If you’re interested
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We’re looking for someone to take on the fun and essential work of telling businesses and consumers about Climate Neutral. Your role would be to communicate complex topics in a simple, distinctive, and compelling style. If you like the sound of making people excited about carbon footprinting, climate neutrality, carbon credits, and the power of consumer action, this role’s for you. If you’re a communicator and community builder with a streak of nerdiness and a passion for the climate, this role’s for you. We’re a small, fast-moving team, and you’ll have the opportunity to hone our external voice as we seek to scale and create lasting positive impact in the world.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least three years of experience in a communications or marketing role with a portfolio of written material
- Track record of creating individual and business engagement on social media
- Ability to tell a great story
- Ability to write top notch content for all of our marketing channels: social media, email, blog posts, and website content
- Fluency in the subjects of climate change, carbon markets, and corporate sustainability
- Flexibility to write about a wide range of topics
You should be passionate, excited about the potential for companies to lead on climate action, truly motivated by the potential to create positive change, and ready to:
- Craft a content and social media strategy that gets more companies to get certified, and gets consumers to ask for our label
- Drive a clear, focused narrative in an increasingly crowded market
- Lay out and manage an ambitious content development calendar
- Work with our partners and brands to tell the story of our work
- Write and edit content to support our thought leadership
- Take our certification process and break it down into simple steps and instructions
- Thrive in a virtual-work startup environment
This is a virtual position, but you must be eligible to work in the United States.
If this all sounds like a great fit, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Love our mission? Care about climate? We're looking for people who want to lend their talents to help us grow. We have a successful ongoing volunteer program that offers experience to our volunteers and adds capacity to our team.
Give us a shout if you want to help out and have the skills required to do a knock-out job.